Menstrual underwears are cotton panties with an absorbent layer in the center. The menstrual flow is absorbed in the central part and the waterprook layer holds it back, avoiding staining the pants. What are they for?
- in place of sanitary pads, especially in the case of low or medium flow
- as additional protection in case of heavy flow combined with a sanitary pad, for example at night
- combined with the menstrual cup to contain any small leaks
- in anticipation of the arrival of menstruation
- as briefs for small incontinence instead of panty liners
They are in black cotton (87%) combined with nylon (8%) and spandex (5%), the absorbent part is instead composed of 82.2% viscose and 17.8% polyester. The briefs are Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified, therefore they are safe and gentle on the skin. They dress with a high waist, have a slightly transparent ribbed pattern and an elastic waistband. The gray internal absorbent / waterproof part is very large and reaches up to the upper elastic on the back; the thickness is minimal and you do not feel any bulk, it seems to wear a normal slip. The fit corresponds to normal underwear sizes, for safety you can measure the briefs you normally wear and compare the measurements with this list:
Size S: height 25 cm, waistline 60 cm
Size M: height 26 cm, waistline 64 cm
SIze L: height 27 cm, waistline 68 cm
Size XL: height 28 cm, waistline 72 cm
They are by NappiNess, an Italian company, and ethically produced in China.
If you used these panties for menstrual flow, they should be rinsed with cold water after use. Then they can be washed by hand or in the washing machine on a delicate program.